OnePlus has officially started pushing out the highly-anticipated Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 stable update for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro units. The new software update brings a new design and improvements to overall experience.
Alongside, you will also get to see the always-on Ambient Display. five new themes for Zen Mode, and a custom time range feature for the Dark Mode.
Changelog of OxygenOs 11 Stable Update Android 11-Based For the OnePlus 8 And 8 Pro
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient Display
- Added Always-on Ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -“Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.
As, usual, the update is rolling over-the-air so it will take time to reach every unit. Those who are impatient can head over to the Setting’s menu of your device to manually check for the update.
Currently, only a few number of users are getting the update with a broader roll out to commence soon.
The update is quite hefty in size, so as you get the notification to download the latest update, make sure your device has at least 3GB of space. To avoid any extra data loss, connect your device to a decent Wi-Fi connection.
We all know OnePlus is all set to unveil the 8T smartphone next week, and we can expect it also to come with the OxygenOS 11 out of the box. OnePlus officially confirm that the update will also roll out to the OnePlus 6. 6T, 7, 7 Pro, 7T, 7T Pro and Nord in the future, but gave no timeline.