OnePlus – the OEM best known for manufacturing killer flagship smartphones has never failed to amaze us. One of the reason for their huge fan base is that the company don’t easily forget it’s devices after releasing them.
Almost every smartphone manufacturer barely provides 2 major software updates for their devices. OnePlus has always been an exception when it comes to support. There are only two OEM’s which provide 3 major updates, one is Google and the other one is OnePlus (obviously).
The company has officially started rolling out the stable Android 10 update for the 5/5T units. The units went official back in 2017 with Android 7.1.1 pre-installed, and the device is getting the major operating system update until now – this is highly commendable from the OnePlus team.
Speaking of the update it weighs in at around 1.9GB in size. The update is rolling over-the-air so it will take time to reach every unit. Those of you who are impatient can head over to the Setting’s menu of your perspective devices to manually check for the update.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now add all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
- Full Screen Gestures
- Removed back gesture from the bottom of the screen
- Added back gesture on left and right side of the phone
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Electronic image stabilization currently under optimization and will be pushed in later stabler versions. Please stay tuned.
The update is quite hefty in size so before downloading it make sure your device is charged up to 80 percent. To avoid any extra data loss, make sure it is connected to a decent internet connection.
How many of you have already received the update? Do share your views via comments below!