Last month at an event in London, OnePlus announces the OnePlus 7T Pro. The device brings typical upgrades that one might expect from a T-phone. At the event, the company also stated that the Android 10 update for the OnePlus 6 is imminent.
Now keeping to its word, the company has officially started pushing out the Android 10 based OxygenOS 10 update for the 6 and 6T units.
The update along with the changes to the UI brings a few new features which include new navigation gestures, icon shape customization, and enhanced location permissions for privacy. Additionally, it also comes with Game Space and Contextual Display.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bugs fixes and improvements
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Contextual Display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Contextual Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Although it’s not mentioned in the changelog, the update also brings the Android Security Patch for the month of October 2019 with it.
As usual, the update is rolling over-the-air, so it will take time to reach every unit. Meanwhile, you can head over to the Setting’s menu of your Android device to manually check for the update.
Is there anyone here who have already received the update? Do share your views via comments below!