ZTE at an event in China officially unveiled the long-awaited nubia Z18 flagship smartphone.
The handset comes with a nearly bezel-less front which as company claims is 91.8% screen-to-body ratio accompanied with a tiny cutout notch for the selfie lovers.
Under the hood, there’s Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon chip coupled with either 6GB or 8GB of RAM and an option to choose between 64GB and 128GB internal storage.
Camera section for this device includes an AI-powered dual-rear sensors – 16MP (f/1.6) and 24Mp (f/1.6) which offers the famous Portrait mode, advanced scene recognition and is also capable of recording slow motion video at 960fps. Front sensor is the 8MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture.
To keep the lights of the device on the company has embedded a 3,450mAh battery with support for Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4.0 and something called Neo Power temperature control.
- Display: 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 FHD+ In-Cell 2.5D curved glass display, 96% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- CPU: 2.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 845 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform
- GPU: Adreno 630 GPU
- RAM: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 64GB/128GB
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) with nubia UI 6.0
- Sim: Dual SIM
- Rear Camera: 16MP sensor with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.6 aperture, PDAF, OIS, EIS, 24MP secondary sensor with f/1.6 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP sensor with wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 148.58×72.54×8.55mm
- Weight: 172g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3450mAh (typical) / 3350mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging
Price & Availability
The ZTE nubia Z18 is already up for pre-order in China. As far as the pricing goes, the 6GB/64GB variant will cost you around CNY 2,799 (€350) and the 8GB/128GB is priced at CNY 3,299 (€415). Black and Red are the color options to choose from. And there’s also one special van Gogh edition that will set you back CNY 3,599(€450).