Last week OnePlus rolls out the oreo-based OxygenOS Open Beta build for OnePlus 3, 3T, 5 and 5T units. And now the company has already begun rolling out the latest stable version of OxygenOS 5.1.0 to OnePlus 5 and 5T devices. The version is based on Android 8.1 Oreo and includes April’s updated security patch. The update also brings iPhone X like gestures to both the devices.
Here’s the full Changelog:
- Updated system to Android 8.1 Oreo
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-04
- Added full-screen gesture support (Only 5T)
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode including power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- Added network boost – network priority for gaming App in the foreground
- Added category tags in the search section of the app drawer
- Auto name folders based on category
As usual, the update is rolling over-the-air so will take time to reach every unit so be patient. Meanwhile, you can head over to the Setting’s menu of your perspective device to manually check for the update.
Before downloading the update make sure your device is charged up to 80 percent and is connected to a decent internet connection.