One of the most prominent changes which came in the developer’s preview of the Android P operating system is the all-new volume slider. The screen sizes are getting bigger and bigger and with the 18:9 aspect ratio becoming a norm, we need an update in our software to place touch controls where our fingers can easily reach them.
Android P seemingly providing the solution for this rising problem – the position of the volume slider has now been changed to the edge of the screen where most of the power button resides on most of the phones.
Google has also included the support for notches and multiple displays, one of those isn’t even a trend yet.
If you have a smartphone with 18:9 display, but it isn’t a Pixel or recent flagship smartphone which probably won’t be getting any future operating system update then there’s an app which you can install to use this feature.
Install Android P Volume Slider
The APK of the Android P Volume Slider app can also be downloaded from here.
◇ Android P like Floating Volume Panel with default duration for it.
◇ Volume Slider Position on screen to reach out the seekbar easily
◇ Color for Volume Notification bar and for Widget too.
◇ Color option for Toggles icon on notification bar
Here’s How To Use It
- Download the Android P Slider app from the Google Play or from the APK link provided above and install it.
- Once installed, you’d be prompted to give two permissions – Do not Disturb and Screen Overlay. There’s also a Run at startup permission but you don’t have to manually enable it.
- As you can see in the above-depicted picture you can change the position of the slider, color, and icon of the slider can also be changed.
- Now you might be thinking that on pressing the volume up/down button you’d see the all-new Android P-like slider but it won’t happen. You will still see the default Volume dialogue if you press the Volume buttons. To bring up Android P Volume slider, you’ll need to pull down the notification shade and tap on the icon of the volume channel you want to change the volume for.
- You can also place the Android P Volume Slider widget on your home screen which is essentially the same thing you see in the notification panel.