T-Mobile has started rolling out the Tizen OS 3.0 update for the Samsung Galaxy Gear S3. Both Classic and Frontier variant have started receiving the update.
The update weighs in at around 266MB in size and will bump the operating system version number to 184.108.40.206.
Back in November, the rollout of Tizen 3.0 initially began but due to an issue with battery life company halted the update. And now the update has been resumed and is rolling to all the units around the globe.
The update will bring many new features and improvements which you can check out below:
- Optimized UI with new functionalities for the rotating bezel.
- Nutrition management feature. Add calorie intake and compare calorie balance with your daily goal.
- Watch only mode – turns Gear S3 into a regular watch that shows the time only. Can increase battery life by up to 40 days.
- Multi-workouts widget allows for quick access to different workouts.
- Apps shortcuts widget allows for quick access to up to 4 different apps.
- Improved accuracy of heart rate monitoring.
- Samsung Connect – monitor and manage smart (IoT) devices straight from the Gear S3 (additional app download required).
- Gear VR controller – allows control of Gear VR with the Gear S3 (additional app download required).
- Support for Bixby Reminder. Galaxy S8, S8+ and Note 8 owners can get reminders on the Gear S3.
- Ringtone – set music saved on the Gear S3 as your ringtone.
So, how many of you have received this update? Do let us know your comments in below section.