Samsung officially unveils the new Exynos 7 series chipset – 7885. The processor came up with an octa-core CPU which as company claims will give a powerful computing performance ( dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 CPU cores and hexa 1.6GHz Cortex-A53 CPU cores).
The chipset is backed by Mali-G71 GPU which is built on the advanced Bifrost architecture which as Samsung claims will provide high graphics processing capability with powerful computing performance for high fidelity gaming.
It is manufactured in the 14nm FinFET Process at Samsung and integrates an LTE CAT.12 modem.
This all-new chipset will deliver up to 85% more single-core performance than its predecessor, the Exynos 7880.
The Exynos 7 Series (7885) is a crafted processor for delivering high class processing power with better power efficiency for every mobile usage from web-browsing to high-fidelity gaming. In addition to the LTE modem that supports every major network, the Exynos 7885 features enjoyable multimedia experiences with the advanced ISP (Image Signal Processor) and MFC (Multi-Format Codec) for effortless content sharing, capturing, and playing.
multi-modes from 2G to 4G including CDMA, GSM, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA, LTE-FDD and LTE-TDD modes. The processor offers fast downlink speed of up to 600Mbps and uplink up to 150Mbps
Connectivity option for the Exynos 7885 includes Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, FM Radio, GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, and Galileo.
Here are the technical specifications of Exynos 7 Series 7885:
- CPU: Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 CPU cores and Hexa 1.6GHz Cortex-A53 CPU cores
- GPU: Mali™-G71 MP2
- Processor: 14nm FinFET Process
- Memory: LPDDR4x
- LTE Modem: LTE Cat.12 3CA 600Mbps (DL) / Cat.13 2CA 150Mbps (UL)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth® 5.0, FM Radio
- GNSS: GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo
- Storage: eMMC 5.1, SD 3.0
- Camera: Rear 21.7MP, Front 21.7MP, Dual Camera 16MP+16MP
- Video: 4K 30fps encoding and decoding with HEVC(H.265), H.264 and VP8, and decoding with VP9