The long-awaited Android Oreo update has finally started rolling out to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 sets.
No official confirmation from Samsung regarding this Oreo update has come yet. But some users over at Reddit have posted that they have started receiving the latest operating system update.
Arriving with the firmware build number R16NW.N950FXXU2CRA1.DM, the update is hitting the N950F Exynos variants.
One of the users over at Reddit have also shared the full Changelog, have a look at it:
- Update to the keyboard
- Picture in picture support (so far I have noticed it in YouTube and google maps)
- App specific long press menus from launcher (can no longer put apps to sleep from that menu or open app settings)
- Secure folder can be set to stay unlocked until the screen goes to sleep
- Autofill API support (with bio-metrics) for all apps, and browser
- Colored media notifications
- Notification categories
- Customization options for notification badges
- Keyboard uses gify for gif search support (doesn’t work in gboard with stock messaging still)
- More edge lighting options
- Ability to ONLY view Samsung cloud items
- Ability to backup Samsung secure folder in Samsung cloud
- Bluetooth, high-quality audio codecs
- Manage passwords of Samsung and third party apps with Samsung pass
The update is rolling out in stages it seems, so if you haven’t received it yet don’t get panic. Meanwhile, you can head over to the Setting’s menu of your Android device to manually check for the update.
Settings>>Software Update>> Download Update
So, how many of you have already received this update? Let us know your views via comments below!