OnePlus pushed out the latest Open Beta update for it’s 5 and 5T flagship smartphones. The update is smaller in size and targets the controversial Clipboard app and addresses a few other things.
This new OxygenOS Open Beta 5 build brings a new pick-up gesture, due to which now users will be able to choose between sliding up or down to answer a call. CPU Security Patch CVE-2017-13218 also came with the update which will target the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities.
For the Indian users, the update also brings SMS categorization function that auto-sorts messages into categories.
Here’s the full Changelog of the update:
- Added pick-up gesture switcher
- Added SMS categorized function in India
- Removed phone recognized function in India
- Supported full-screen gesture
- Removed Clipboard function
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Applied CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
Open betas have started rolling out over-the-air and manual download links are also available. To get the open beta OTA’s you need to enroll in the OnePlus beta program.