Sony at CES 2017 today unveil new headphones and portable speakers within it's EXTRA BASS range, there are total of 4 headphone models and two wireless speakers. According to Sony the speakers are “made for today’s heavy-hitting bass lines and dropping beats” while the headphones are just for listening to bass-heavy music, drops entirely optional. No price and release details have been revealed yet.
As we mentioned above there are total of four headphones that Japan based company unveiled today, roughly arranged by MSRP starts with the MDR- XB950N1.
- MDR-XB950N1 - flagship wireless headphones (picture above), 22 hours of playback, easily folded, Bluetooth, integrated mic, and noise-cancellation
- MDR-XB950B1 - same as above but no noise-cancellation and only 18 hours playback
- MDR-XB550AP - wired on-ear model, in-line remote and mic, “available in five fun colors: black, red, blue, green, and white”
- MDR-XB510AS - wired in-ear model, designed for sports with water-resistance
- SRS-XB40 / SRS-XB30 / SRS-XB20 - wireless speakers with Bluetooth, NFC, and water-resistant design (a splash won’t kill ‘em, a dunk will). Lights around the speaker offer “club-like effects” (originally appearing on the static XB7 and controlled via a free app) and they can be chained together wirelessly to increase volume. The 40 model is 4 inches by 11 inches; the 30 model is 3 inches by 9 inches; and the 20 model is 2.5-inches by 8 inches. You can see more about the XBs here.
- SRS-XB10 - smaller wireless speaker, just 3 by 3.5-inches. 16 hours battery life, also includes Bluetooth and NFC. There’s also a little strap for hanging it off then, which actually looks pretty cool