Sony at CES 2017 today unveil new headphones and portable speakers within it’s EXTRA BASS range, there are total of 4 headphone models and two wireless speakers. According to Sony the speakers are “made for today’s heavy-hitting bass lines and dropping beats” while the headphones are just for listening to bass-heavy music, drops entirely optional. No price and release details have been revealed yet.
- MDR-XB950N1 – flagship wireless headphones (picture above), 22 hours of playback, easily folded, Bluetooth, integrated mic, and noise-cancellation
- MDR-XB950B1 – same as above but no noise-cancellation and only 18 hours playback
- MDR-XB550AP – wired on-ear model, in-line remote and mic, “available in five fun colors: black, red, blue, green, and white”
- MDR-XB510AS – wired in-ear model, designed for sports with water-resistance
- SRS-XB40 / SRS-XB30 / SRS-XB20 – wireless speakers with Bluetooth, NFC, and water-resistant design (a splash won’t kill ‘em, a dunk will). Lights around the speaker offer “club-like effects” (originally appearing on the static XB7 and controlled via a free app) and they can be chained together wirelessly to increase volume. The 40 model is 4 inches by 11 inches; the 30 model is 3 inches by 9 inches; and the 20 model is 2.5-inches by 8 inches. You can see more about the XBs here.
- SRS-XB10 – smaller wireless speaker, just 3 by 3.5-inches. 16 hours battery life, also includes Bluetooth and NFC. There’s also a little strap for hanging it off then, which actually looks pretty cool