Microsoft officially rolled out an official version of its Xbox app for both Android and iOS platform. The app is already available for the company’s own platform. With the app installed, you’ll be able to track accomplishments, can see what your friends are currently playing, as well as purchase new titles from the Xbox Store.
This app is actually the revamped version of the old Xbox SmartGlass offerings. This means everything you like and enjoyed using in the old app will remain available in this new updated version of the app along with some new features. Here’s everything the update has brought:
- Updated home – The Activity Feed is the home of the Xbox app
- Activity feed updates – More personalised activity feed
- Added Trending content – Find out what is popular on Xbox Live
- Facebook friend finder – Add your Facebook friends who are also on Xbox
- Contact list friend finder – Use your phones contact list to add friends to Xbox Live
- Real name sharing – Be able to share your real name with your friends
- Game hubs – Game Hubs now added to Xbox app
- Connection destination – Updated the Xbox One navigation and media control of your Xbox One from the app
- Updated profiles – Redesigned user profiles in Xbox app
The app is available for download on the app store, download it and let us know how you get on!