The long awaited OxygenOS 3.0 Marshmallow update is finally here. Currently the update is in beta form, means, there will be few bugs or glitches which will be remove soon as the build comes out of beta stage.
Here’s what’s new in the build:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade
- New OnePlus Camera UI
- UI has been cleaned up: swiping up/down now switches between photo/video, whereas HD/HDR and flash settings live in the top right corner
- You can now change the aspect ratio and toggle grid view without going all the way to the settings
- New wallpaper picker
- Easily preview and set both home screen and lock screen wallpaper in one place.
- Shelf UX has been improved
- No more edit mode, long press boards to rearrange or remove
- General system performance improvements
- Benchmarked 47% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on key test scenarios
- Fingerprint performance improvement
- Tested 45% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on average
- Settings changes
- Old app permissions are gone, say hi to new (native Android) app permissions.
- Alert Slider has its own entry point with more customization options
- Improved settings menu readability by changing the order a bit
- March security patches
Well, if you are running on Stock ROM and having the firmware version of v2.2.0 or higher. There are some bugs and issues that are present in this version:
- Your fingerprints will not be preserved after you flash the new build, so you will need to re-register your fingerprints if you have fingerprint authentication set up
- Maxxaudio tuner and presets will be removed
- Rolling back to previous OxygenOS versions will not work without wiping data
- Some soak testers have experienced wifi speed issues which we are investigating
- Some of your old apps won’t work without an upgrade to M compatible versions
- Shelf frequent apps board size might shrink if you are dirty flashing. Remove and re-add the board and it will fix itself
- Language localization is still being improved
Head over to the below source for more details and flashing instructions.