|Tips Tricks: 6 Ways To Make Yourself WhatsApp Master /© www.gotech.co.in|
Below are some tips and tricks to get the most out of WhatsApp:
Get desktop notifications for WhatsApp Chats
To get the desktop notifications for your WhatsApp chats first thing that you need is the WhatsApp Web Chrome extension, once you have that, all you need to do is to install WAToolkit on your chrome browser.
After adding it to the chrome you'll see a new icon in your browser toolbar, click on it to see recently received messages, or right click for more options. The best thing is that, WAToolkit will even notify you when chrome isn't running. The notification of messages will pop up on your desktop screen.
Here's the step by step guide how to do it:
- Firstly, go to web.whatsapp.com on your PC and use whatsapp on your phone to scan the QR code, then follow the on screen installation instruction.
- In the whatsapp browser window, go to Options > Notifications and turn on the Desktop Alert option.
- Install the WAToolkit extension on your chrome browser.
- In the WAToolkit option, make sure that you have enable the background notification option.
Send Private Messages In Bulk, BCC-Style
Privacy we all know is the ability to seclude oneself from other people, and on the internet it's a hard thing to hold onto. The famous chat messenger WhatsApp is not that private but it has some few features that let you do things on down-low. There's a feature called Broadcast which will let you send group messages without everyone in the group seeing who else received that message.
Here's how to use that feature:
- Go to chat section, and tap on the Option icon (three dots) at the top right
- There you will see list of options, tap in New broadcast
- Now, enter the names of all the contacts that you want to send private message to
- Tap Create, now right your message and then send it
Hide 'Last seen', profile photo and status
If you are in some big group, some party group with some unknown people or some other group of that matter and don't want any stranger to see your status or profile photo, you can simply hide your information.
Here's how to have better control over who sees your information on whatsapp :
- Open WhatsApp, tap on the Option icon located at the top right
- Now go to Settings > Account >Privacy
- Go through the Last Seen, Profile photo, and Status options, and set their visibility to either Everyone or to My Contacts or to Nobody
Mute Annoying Group Chats
Sometimes we've somehow dragged into a group chat, where we don't want to receive notifications from every couple of minutes. You can mute such annoying group chats and get rid of notifications. Here's how to do it:
- In WhatsApp, tap the Chats tab
- Tap on the group that you want to mute
- Now, with that group open, tap the Option icon at the top right
- Tap Mute, not select the amount of time you want to mute that group for
Create A Homescreen Shortcut For Your Favorite Chats
Everyone has certain friends with whom we've constant stream-of-consciousness conversations, where we are chatting with them non-stop. For quick access to those chats, we can create a homescreen shortcut icon to those favorite conversations.
- In Whatsapp, tap the Chats tab
- Open the conversation you want to create a shortcut for
- Tap on the Option icon at the top right
- A list of option will appear, tap Add shortcut
- This will add a shortcut icon on your homescreen displaying profile picture if that contact. Tap it to jump straight in chat with them
Recover Deleted Messages
There's a interesting thing to know that every day at 4am WhatsApp backs up your messages. How does this useful to us? What does this means that if you've somehow deleted any messages since then, but before the next-auto backup, you can still recover them. Here's how to do this:
- Firstly you need to Uninstall WhatsApp from your device ((Settings > Apps > WhatsApp > Uninstall)
- Now, reinstall it
- Type your phone number into WhatsApp, it will notify you that backup of your chats have been found
- Tap Restore to get deleted messages back